The Network Special Projects Manager plays a central role in assisting the Director of School Support with creating systems, documenting guidance toward enrollment management and ensuring compliance. In this role, the Network Special Projects Manager manages multiple projects as it relates to student marketing, recruitment, enrollment, and data access/quality. The position serves all North Star Academy campuses as a member of the School Support Team, and will report directly to the Director of School Support.
- Student Recruitment
- Drive general recruitment activities and community outreach such as family visits, special events, informational fairs, and material distribution
- Attend Newark Enrolls (universal enrollment system) related events, meetings and trainings
- Recruit and supervise seasonal Student Recruitment Coordinators
- Manage recruitment budget
- Facilitate the entry, tracking and analysis of prospective students’ data
- Serve on internal and external committees that support the recruitment and retention of students from targeted underserved populations
- Enrollment Management
- Collaborate with the school operation teams on the application, registration and orientation processes
- Execute Newark Enrolls and North Star’s enrollment policies
- Track and analyze student admission applications to inform enrollment growth strategies
- Manage student transfer and waitlist systems, tracking mobility data to inform strategies for student persistence
- Responsible for the accuracy and data audits of student information databases
- State Reporting and Compliance
- Collect data from school teams to consolidate and create summary databases/reports
- Compile and submit all Federal, State, District and City reports pertaining to student information
- Monitor state and federal mandates to ensure compliance
- Contribute to long-range planning for the student information system needs
- Develop traditional and digital campaigns
- Compose and post online content on North Star’s website and social media accounts
- Create marketing literature (brochures, one-pagers, flyers, etc.) and branded items (i.e. clothing, office supplies, etc.)
- Identify and communicate directly with vendors
- Special Projects
- Develop the strategy and implementation plan for network-wide projects
- Share responsibility for network-wide activities
- Drive special projects as assigned by the Director of School Support and Chief Operating Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least three years of work experience;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong customer service approach;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience creating and facilitating trainings sessions
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Strong data analysis and database management skills
- Maturity and ability to work independently;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor; and enjoys working with children of all ages.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.