Works with the Directors of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing national and regional recruitment strategies and monitors the execution and effectiveness of the strategies throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Directors of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing and implementing a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting teachers and other employees for Uncommon Schools:
- Assists the Directors of Recruitment and Senior Associate Directors of Recruitment in executing region/network-based, strategic hiring and outreach plans; makes changes to approach, as necessary.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon and each Uncommon School and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working at Uncommon and its schools.
- Manages candidate relationships throughout the application process and conducts phone interviews.
- Manages school leader relationships and collaborates with Managing Directors and Assistant Managing Directors to complete regional hiring.
- Collaborates with Outreach Team regional partner to brainstorm effective strategies for attracting quality candidates to Uncommon.
- Uses data effectively to inform and improve the hiring process.
- Communicates effectively with various stakeholders across Uncommon to fulfill hiring needs.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to inspire top educators to join staffs of Uncommon schools.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to facilitate decision-making amongst multiple parties.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note: Unfortunately, you will not be able to save answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.