|INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Regional Coordinator (NYC)
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here.
The Regional Coordinator reports to and supports the Senior Director of the region in areas such as special projects and reports, calendar management and scheduling, correspondence, travel logistics, data management, presentations, preparing for and reporting on meetings, strategic initiatives, and other special events and duties as needed. The Regional Coordinator interfaces with the regional team, Community Engagement and External Affairs team members, Managing Director of Operations and school support teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as administrative and logistical support for Board of Trustees including assembling and preparing materials for all full Board and committee meetings and serving as scheduling liaison with Board
- Collect school performance information and create data presentations and dashboards.
- Create PowerPoints and other presentations for team meetings, Board meetings, meetings with community stakeholders, and professional development presentations.
- Manage the regional calendar, arrange meetings and conference calls, and maximize efficiency.
- Manage special regional, and Uncommon-wide projects.
- Perform various administrative and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Reports to the Senior Director of the region
- Works closely with all levels of the organization, especially members of the regional team, members of the External Affairs teams, Managing Director of Operations, and school support team.
- You get things done and thrive in a fast-paced environment! You have a “whatever it takes” attitude and thrive on getting results through your excellent personal attention to detail and organizational system. You expertly manage your time and multiple, competing priorities and follow through within demanding timelines.
- You are a self-starter who approaches a variety of tasks with enthusiasm—you have experience initiating and moving work at varying levels of complexity forward and feel comfortable identifying and raising/overcoming challenges along the way.
- You believe that people matter—you find personal satisfaction in working on initiatives that would make someone better in their job or made someone else’s life easier. You value the relationships you build with stakeholders and work hard to build trust.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Skilled at building and managing relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ability to learn quickly and respond to feedback.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.