|Associate Director of Recruitment; Campus Outreach
Manhattan, NY; Newark, NJ; Camden, NJ; or Boston, MA
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing "best-in-class" teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here.
Works with the Director of Recruitment in developing and implementing national and regional recruitment strategies tailored to undergraduates and recent college graduates.
- Manages internal and external relationships to build pipelines of interns for Uncommon's Summer Teaching Fellowship program and full-time entry-level roles.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough understanding of Uncommon Schools and communicates enthusiastically to candidates the benefits and merits of working here.
- Manages candidate relationships from initial touch point to the point of application submission.
- Manages job postings and other outreach tasks to spread the word about our openings at colleges and universities.
- Partners with a select group of academic institutions to meet recruiting targets, as assigned.
- Frequently attends career fairs and other networking events to attract high-quality candidates from key colleges and universities.
- Conducts extensive outreach and networking via phone, correspondence, and in-person meetings with graduate programs and affinity groups to identify and attract high-quality candidates.
- Strong relation management and cultivation skills.
- Responsible for interpreting data sets and managing projects, as assigned.
- Travel to Uncommon regions and nationally, as assigned. (Expected travel in role up to but not more than 50%)
Reports to Director of Recruitment. Works closely with other recruiters supporting teacher, school operations and leadership as well as Home Office pipelines.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools
- Experienced networker with an outgoing personality, who enjoys working with people and solving problems.
- Experience in education or related field required, direct teaching experience a plus
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to talent work, previous recruitment experience strongly preferred
- Strategic thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making and manage systems that are efficient and scalable
- Ability to influence proven school leaders and other professionals across the educator, nonprofit, and private sector to join Uncommon Schools
- Ability to identify and influence high-performing undergraduates and recent graduates to join Uncommon Schools.
- Strong organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- High sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written communication skills and a confident public speaker.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences
- Professional demeanor with the ability to facilitate decision-making amongst multiple parties
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.