The Human Resources (HR) Projects Manager will assist the Director of Human Resources in the design, execution and management of projects that support the short and long-term goals of the Human Resources team and Uncommon Schools. The HR Projects Manager will be responsible for creating effective and efficient systems and guiding documentation in support of the projects that he/she will be leading. Additionally, the HR Project Manager may be responsible for maintaining, improving and/or developing some of the Human Resource Team’s operational systems and routines. The HR Projects Manager will report directly to the Director of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Management:
- Direct management of select projects; developing comprehensive project plans that identify clear milestones, dependencies, assumptions, and manage contingencies for any identified risk
- Prepares project management agendas for status reviews with stakeholders
- Maintains a broad understanding of status of all projects within Director of HR’s purview
- Collaborates as needed with other team members to facilitate implementation of Human Resources projects
- Systems design/building
- Develops systems for the team that improve the team's work impact and/or efficiency
- Independently, and proactively, identifies challenges and opportunities to increase the impact or efficiency of work streams
- Finds and implements efficiencies in own and team’s work systems
- Independently creates communication plans for workstreams -- appropriately managing who needs to know what, when for complex and long-term projects
- Facilitates meetings with stakeholders on workstreams
- Prepares or assists in preparation of HR communications as needed
- Prepares materials for various team and stakeholder meetings
- Develops simple, creative ways to explain complex information for clear decision making
- Develops process for communicating project status tracking and updates
Reports to Director of Human Resources.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Understands and translates complex details into easily understandable concepts
- Skilled in use of MS Excel, MS Word and PPT
- Business Acumen:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate work into actionable project plans
- Skilled at balancing detailed thinking with big picture strategic decisions
- Identify and analyze key decisions to be made
- Experience laying out short- and long-term implications of decisions for organizational strategy and capacity
- Experience with and comfort using data to make business decisions
- Demonstrated experience managing up, particularly in periods of change or in rolling out new initiatives
- Project Management:
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Breaks down complex projects into key milestones and concrete action steps
- Identifies and prioritizes critical-path activities
- Identifies assumptions and develop contingencies for potential risks
- Manages all parties involved to ensure on-time, high-quality outcomes
- Confident in managing up
- Skilled at providing documentation/visibility into key aspects of projects (e.g. progress, milestones, etc.) for leadership and other team/organizational stakeholders
- Strong Organizational Skills:
- Ability to implement strong personal organizational systems that support high quality results
- Obsessive attention to detail and follow-through
- Entrepreneurial Mindset:
- Works well independently and as part of a small team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to change; comfortable diving in to various content areas to problem solve and identify strategic next steps.
- Comfort navigating gray areas and creating structure and order within gray areas
- Maintains confidence and discretion for all sensitive and confidential information relayed to or part of individual and team’s work.
2) Educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of working experience managing complex and/or cross-functional projects
- Experience in project management, HR/Talent operations, consulting or other relevant field
- Candidates with deep systems building and/or project management experience outside of the HR field are also encouraged to apply
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, PDA, and all necessary supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin,
age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.