The Student Support Coordinator at Troy Prep Elementary School will work with the school’s Dean and Associate Dean of Students to ensure that all students demonstrate dramatic student achievement gains and internalize the school’s values. This individual will also help support the school’s efforts to create a positive, structured, consistent, caring, and disciplined school culture.
- Working closely with the Dean and Associate Dean of Students to establish a positive, structured, achievement-oriented, and creative school culture.
- Serving as the support person for dealing with behavioral crisis-intervention and acute behavioral issues.
- Assisting the Associate Dean of Students, teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual plans.
- Support strategies may include, but are not limited to: proactive student check-ins, student check-ins around behavior charts, peer support groups, push-in support of identified scholars
- Helping to reinforce the effective use of a school-wide behavior plan, including managing the school’s color and positive incentive systems.
- Serving as a support person for discipline/culture issues.
- Keeping accurate student records, documenting all phone calls, meetings and important information regarding attendance and uniform.
- Assist in planning special day events – Super Scholar Lunch, Life’s Work Stars, Treasure Chest, Halloween Celebration, field trips, puppet show.
- Supporting family events such as Family Thanksgiving and other parent nights.
- Making positive phone calls to families to report students exceeding expectations.
- Supporting staff efforts to ensure all students have excellent attendance and arrive at school on time, and working aggressively with students and parents to ensure excellent attendance.
- Supporting staff efforts to ensure all students have excellent uniform compliance, and working aggressively with students and parents to ensure excellent uniform compliance.
- Supporting staff efforts to ensure all students have excellent homework completion, and working aggressively with teachers and parents to ensure excellent completion.
- Making daily parents phone calls regarding attendance and uniform compliance.
- Providing necessary pieces of uniform to scholars out of compliance, tracking borrowed items, and ensuring all items are collected at the end of the day.
- May participate in home visits highlighting the responsibilities of parents, teachers, and students, as needed.
Supervision: Bus, Lunch, Bathrooms, Behavior Room:
- Being highly present and visible during school hours, relentlessly ensuring the school has an exceptional school culture.
- Proactively circulating into classrooms and through hallways during the day, to gain valuable context on student behavior and help support positive school culture.
- Monitoring behavioral pull-out and in-school suspensions.
- Supervising breakfast for tardy scholars.
- Planning and delivering intervention to students under direction and supervision of the Special Education Coordinator.
- Modeling the school’s values and the standard for professional behavior.
- Performing additional duties as assigned by the Principal
- Responding to parent contact in a timely manner (24-hour policy).
- Communicating professionally with families, and is clear about the rationale behind decisions and policies.
- Consistently prioritizes tasks so that each is given appropriate attention and completed in the assigned timeframe.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members.
- Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.