|Associate Director of Operations
The Associate Director of Operations is a member of the High School Leadership Team and crucial to the day-to-day operating of the school. The Associate DOO is responsible for managing up to two team members, and ensuring the successful implementation of school systems and routines. The Associate DOO oversees several large aspects of High School operations and long-term projects while also attending to the short-term demands of the school. The Associate DOO will report directly to the High School Director of Operations.
- Support all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the school;
- Serve as main point of contact for all operational needs in circumstances when the DOO is not available;
- Participate actively in the School Leadership Team;
- Manage 1-2 operations staff members, at the DOO’s discretion, and oversee the successful implementation of their projects;
- Manage High School-specific initiatives, for example the HS Advisory Dashboard, SWIPE, etc.
- Implement coverage system on a daily basis;
- Develop annually the High School academic schedule;
- Own facilities management to ensure facilities are safe, well-maintained, and meet needs of students and faculty;
- Work with Deans, Social Workers, and School Support Team to drive Truancy process for High School;
- Any additional responsibilities identified by the DOO.
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds, characters, and lives of students both in and out of school;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrates grit and personal responsibility;
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and innovatively, in order to continuously improve school operations;
- High quality communications skills with multiple audiences including teachers, students, families, vendors, and colleagues;
- Able to have difficult conversations in a respectful manner;
- Proactive problem-solver who is able to work successfully in a high-paced environment;
- Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings;
- Work as needed; this is a full-time, salaried position;
- Work on a year-round administrative schedule with school holidays and two weeks of summer vacation.
- Minimum educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience required
- 1-3 years of consulting experience preferred;
- Project planning experience required, with demonstrated ability to see large projects through to completion;
- Experience managing others preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands and external pressures;
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to juggle competing priorities;
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently;
- Welcoming and positive presence, sense of humor;
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Relentless commitment to mission of educating urban students, enjoys working with children.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, PDA, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.