Reports to the Senior Associate Director of Accounting
The Accounting Coordinator will support the Senior Director of Accounting on all aspects of bookkeeping/accounting functions including, but not limited to, supporting the schools/Home Office throughout the year, annual audit process and working closely with the Finance team. The Accounting Coordinator will work closely with the members of the team to assist with team initiative, projects, and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Implements bookkeeping and accounting functions for Uncommon Schools and its subsidiaries and schools:
a. Process monthly payments and record credit card expense transactions
b. Reconciliation of corporate credit account
c. Assist in minor bank reconciliations
d. Daily processing of check payments
e. Daily fraud protection upload and verification
f. Investigates and reconciles open accounts payables and credit card transactions
g. Vendor maintenance in accounting system
h. Sets up new users in accounting and credit card system
i. Prepare for annual audit
j. Assist in rigorous quality control on all accounting records and documents
k. Enforces and maintains our fiscal policies and procedures
l. Performs various accounting, administrative and other related duties as assigned and required by the role
Reports to Senior Associate Director of Accounting and works closely with the entire Accounting and Financial Management teams; interacts with all Home Office personnel and school based teams.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Understanding of accounting principles
• Experience with accounting software programs. (Sage Fund Accounting a plus; willing to train)
• Skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
• Experience in bookkeeping for a multi-site organization preferred
• Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly
• Obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
• Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
• Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
2) Educational background:
• Associate Degree in Accounting or related area
• Minimum 1 year of experience in non-profit development, accounting, or public sector finance preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, PDA, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.