HIGH SCHOOL COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER
High School Computer Science Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Uncommon’s curriculum and the success of its students. Therefore, Uncommon Schools seeks computer science teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF HIGH SCHOOL COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER
- Computer Science Teacher will implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Computer Science Teacher will design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Computer Science Teacher will use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Computer Science Teacher will participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Computer Science Teacher will provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
- Computer Science Teacher will be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Computer Science Teacher will communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- By the time that employment begins, candidates must have received a Bachelor's degree from a College or University. For teaching roles in New York and Massachusetts, candidates must have also earned a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher by the time employment begins. For teaching roles in New Jersey, the candidates must have earned a cumulative 2.75 GPA (for candidates graduating before September 1, 2016) or 3.0 (for candidates graduating on or after September 1, 2016)
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click “submit” at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.